Rimini has a very ancient history: it was founded by the Romans and then followed by the Byzantines, Lombards, Malatesta and Venetians who have left amazing traces of the past to today.
- The Arch of Augustus, the gate of the city;
- Tiberius Bridge;
- The Domus of the Surgeon: a precious archaeological excavation where, even today, you can admire tools, typical furnishings and beautiful mosaics;
- Cavour Square, the beating heart of medieval Rimini with the Arengo palace and the palace for the Mayor;
- Castle Sismondo, whose construction involved even Filippo Brunelleschi but only its central nucleus remains;
- Malatesta Temple, a Renaissance masterpiece designed by the great architect Leon Battista Alberti.
Rimini is also the birthplace of the great master Federico Fellini.
Are you a fan of his films? Here is an itinerary dedicated to him:
- Fellini Park and its Fountain of the Four Horses.
- Cavour Square, Tiberius Bridge and Cinema Fulgor where the famous film “Amarcord” live on.
- The residencies of the family: Dardanelli Street, where Fellini was born, and Clementini street, where he moved to in 1929.
- The murals of Borgo San Giuliano which represent characters and scenes from his most important films.
Do you want to discover our city?